Your Hotmail account has several security features that allow you to use your account through multiple devices and browsers and have it integrated with various Microsoft services. However, if you ever feel challenged about the security of your account, here are some of the steps that you can take.
What are security questions?
- When you create your Hotmail, Windows Live or Outlook account, you would have entered answers for a couple of selected questions. This answer helps you to unlock your account if ever you happen to forget your password or if someone hacks into your account and changes your password.
- If you feel that you do not remember those questions or answers anymore then you can go to the settings and reset those questions so that if you lose your password you can always reset it by answering those questions. This is a great precautionary step you can take if you feel that you would face some risk in future. Follow the below steps to reset your secret question.
If you have not logged into your Hotmail account for a while, you will find the following changes:
- The independent existence of Hotmail domain is not there anymore.
- Hotmail.com when typed into the web browser will be redirected to Live domain.
If you wish to log into your Hotmail account the steps you need to follow are given below:
- Hotmail account as well as any other Microsoft account can be accessed on the Live domain.
- Here you will find a common login panel for all services of Microsoft.
- You need to type in your Hotmail username as the email address in full.
- The password would remain the same.
If you wish to create an email account on Hotmail, the process to follow is highlighted below:
- Visit the Live domain of Microsoft.
- Here you will find the sign in panel for existing users. It is a common panel for all Microsoft account users.
- If you wish to create a Hotmail account, you will find the link to sign up for a new account below the login panel.
- Clicking on this link will take you to a simple, one page account creation page.
- Here you can begin by filling in your first and last name details.
- The username field needs a unique username choice of your end along with your choice of domain of hotmail.com.